Sportsline Women's Solo 925 Heart Rate Watch Review

I recently purchased the Sportsline Women's Solo 925 Heart Rate Watch to track my heart rate and get an estimate calorie count during workouts.  After looking for many reviews and not finding many, I decided to go ahead and buy the watch.  Though to my disappointment, it ended up malfunctioning, hence my review, so that others will not suffer from the same issues.

I loved the pink design and was hoping to find a watch that would track my heart rate without wearing a strap.  With this Sportsline watch, you put your fingers on the heart rate detector on the watch to track your heart rate {much like you would do on an exercise machine}.  It did not track my heart rate during the entire workout, just every time I went to take my heart rate.  With this I was able to get an average heart rate and was able to check during my workout how high my heart rate was getting.

It seemed to work great at first but after about a month, things started to go wrong.  It would start taking my heart rate without my fingers touching the sensor and it would tell me my heart rate was much lower than I knew it was.  I even took off the watch and set it on my bed multiple times and it continued to take a heart rate which obviously did not exist on my bed!  It was taking my heart rate even when I was not wearing it!

Needless to say, by saving money and looking for an accurate heart rate monitor that does not require a chest strap, cannot be found on the Sportsline Solo 925.

Since then, I put out a bit more money and am very happy with my much more reliable Polar FT4 with chest strap.  So much more reliable and the chest strap is pretty comfortable.  Plus it is still cute and pink!

No comments: